You were a war I wanted in on and a battle I refused to lose. I fought day after day until I had no fight left and now, I’ve finally surrendered the remains of what was us and walked away with the remains of what is me. I may be bruised and worn down but I am strong and I’m growing.
I thought my life needed you, despite the bad and the worse. I thought heartbreak would kill me and this war could be won. I thought we were in this together until you left me alone and I thought I wasn’t enough, to stand by myself.
It was a struggle to learn, and even harder to accept but I’ve finally learned that love isn’t love, when you’re left fighting against yourself.
We’re scared of the people who are going to let us down, kill our dreams and cause us pain. We’re scared of real emotions. The weight of heartache and the misery we must tolerate when we can no longer find sense. We runaway from pain and we cheat ourselves from life.
This proves we know so little. We’re cowards hoping to numb rejection. Hoping to endure no more then the sting of a paper cut. There are amazingly painful emotions we must learn to survive. We need to get out of our own way, out of our own mind and see that we’re not alone. We’re surrounded by people who bleed red, whose hands shake, whose voices are laced with fear.
So, embrace the mess you are and the madness in your head. Be so excited you’re scared and so scared you’re excited. Be so afraid your vision blurs and all you see is pain worth feeling.
In recent years, I found myself gaining more and more interest in comic book characters. I can’t call myself a ‘nerd’ on this topic but I do know my way around a Batman or Spiderman storyline. Either way, I came across Loot Crate and was immediately interested in finding out more. Loot Crate kindly provided me with this months box, in order to do so!
Loot Crate is a monthly subscription box that includes 6-8 products, revolving around a theme. This months theme was Heroes. It costs $13.37 + $6 shipping/mo. They ship to the Canada, US, Australia and the UK! I love how this box opens up to be an orange scene, acting as a prop or background. This months box included:
- Kidrobot Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ooze Action Figure [Leonardo] This is apart of the ‘glow-in-the-dark’ series.
- POP Vinyl Groot [Glow in the Dark Loot Crate Exclusive] This is apart of a collection of bobble-heads.
- A magazine that tells you more about the products included, Instagram photo’s of last months box, short stories and games. It’s very impressive! The magazine is created around the monthly theme.
- A button representing the month and theme. This months box was for August 2014 with a theme of Heroes.
- Sonic The Hedgehog Air Freshener by Sega and Epic Scents. I love this air freshener. I don’t put them in my car but I have put it to great use in my closet. It’s not a strong smell, fortunately.
- Shoe Lightning Bolt Accessories by Schwings. This is an amazing addition to the box as it’s not even a product I knew about. I won’t be using these on my footwear, however. I’ll pass them along to be loved by a young child!
- TNT Costume Glasses. Again, these aren’t my style but I wouldn’t be surprised if others could get a kick out of them.
I loved this box. It was full of great, solid products and the magazine really ties everything together. Unfortunately, I had previewed the previous box and feel like that would’ve suited me better. (Villains eg. The Joker). I’d consider this box a ‘hit or miss’ and is dependent on your interest in comic books. Regardless, if this is something you’re interested in, I highly recommend it.
For more information, visit Loot Crate.